It was great to see so many great new technology innovations from The International CES (Consumer Electronics Show®) which was on earlier this month, with the most notable including 3D printing, sensors, wearables, robotics, automotive, smart home and the Internet of Things.
Innovations and current trends do have an impact on what buyers look for when sourcing promotional products and gifts to send to their customers. Good products will be the ones that are on brand, are relevant to your audience and meet your marketing objectives.
But, in a world where technology and devices enable us to make our lives easier, we’ve come up with some technology related promotional products we think will be popular and useful in 2016:
Volcano Bluetooth Speaker
Video greeting card / advertising card
Light Up Powerbank
Here are some ways you can incorporate them into your marketing:
- Send out to a targeted audience with a customised and relevant message. Sending less products to a targeted list can lead to a better ROI than a more general one
- Hold a competition for people to win a prize. A high value and desired item will be popular and you can collect contact details to follow up leads
- Give as premium gifts for your most loyal and valued customers
- Give high value products at events/tradeshows to buyers and decision makers. Give to those who are genuinely interested in building a relationship with your company. You can still use low cost items for general visitors
We can give advice or help with ideas if you want to advertise with technology products custom-branded with your logo or design. Please contact us to find more 01452 310030 or firstname.lastname@example.org
If you want to get the most out of your promotional merchandise, follow these simple rules to ensure you get the most bang for your buck.
1. Leave enough time to get what you want!
Yes, we have certain products that we can turn around in a short time! but giving yourself enough time to research, plan and order your promotional merchandise will ensure that the buying process is a stress-free as possible. Planning how the product fits into your overall campaign and how you will distribute it also means you will get more ROI than a last minute purchase.
2. Do you know how you will give your gift?
Direct mail? Directly to a customer at a tradeshow? As a thank you after a sales meeting? Again it’s about planning what you want your product to achieve. A pen can be sent easily with a catalogue through the post, whereas a gift bag is more suited to a tradeshow or meeting.
3. Don’t get stuck in a rut!
Do you know there are literally thousands of promotional products you can choose from? Ok so you can’t be expected to look at every single one, but try thinking outside the box a little to create an extra buzz and wow factor with your clients.
4. Don’t just buy the cheapest you can find
Budgets are squeezed, we are all trying to get value for money – but do you really want people to remember your company by that product that fell apart after one day? You can find great products at a great price! without skimping on quality – do your research and remember that you want your gift to be kept for a long lasting impression.
5. Buy from a reputable company
Ok, so it looks like a good deal but the customer service is terrible and they didn’t deliver on time – ever happened? You can find plenty of companies offering promotional product services, so do a little research and see who they work with, read customer reviews and if they have a positive reputation. A good distributor will understand your needs and work with you to find the best product for your campaign. (Like us for example! )
Need help with products for your next marketing campaign? Chat to us today for ideas and inspiration – call 01452 310030 or email us